Today, I made 2 healthy snacks while waiting from my 3 year old to get out of half day preschool... You don't need a lot of time to make either, and both were kid approved!
Prep: 5 min Cook: 12-15 min
1 bunch of washed Kale leaves (well dried & large stems removed)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Cayenne Pepper (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
2. Spread kale out on a rimmed baking sheet (or a jelly roll pan for my Mother-in-Law)
3. Toss with olive oil, & sprinkle w/ salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
4. Bake for 12-15 min until crispy,stir halfway through. Enjoy!!
Homemade Stovetop Granola
Prep: 5 min Cook: 15 min
1 tbsp Olive Oil (optional)
2 cups Rolled Oats
1/3 cup Unsalted butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)
2 tbsp Honey
1/2 cup chopped nuts, like almonds (I omit bc of Nut allergies in my house)
1/3 cup dried fruit, like cranberries
1. Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat (heat pan if skipping oil)
2. Add Oats, toast & stir until golden brown & crisp
3. Remove from heat, spread out on cookie sheet to cool
4. Using same pan, melt butter over med heat, stir in brown sugar & honey, lower heat to med-low. Stir constantly until bubbly (don't burn), should resemble caramel.
5. Add oats to skillet, cook & stir for another 5 min, until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet & spread to cool.
6. Once cool, transfer to air tight container, add nuts & dried fruit, then seal until ready to eat.
I sprinkle the granola (no nuts or fruit) on greek yogurt which cuts the calories, if you choose to eat a bowl of it as cereal the calorie count is close to 500 with the nuts & fruit.
You're welcome! Hope you enjoy it!!Delete