Let's be honest in today's economy, most people are on a budget. Especially when it comes to grocery shopping, I know my family is! People are clipping more coupons (there's even a show about that), buying from local farmers markets, buying in bulk, doing whatever they can to save a dime. Many people are limiting, even eliminating organic products from their grocery list because of the prices. So, I have decided to share my top 5 organic food choices, that will help you save money and make budget concious decisions on your next grocery trip, without skipping all of the benefits of organic foods.
Here are my top 5 choices & my reasons why these are a must have:
1. Produce (mostly apples, grapes, strawberries, peaches, pears, spinach, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, squash), because we eat the whole fruit/veg which is where the pesticide & fungicide residues are.
2. Beef, because of the use of growth hormones, poor conditions in which they are kept, and the regular use of antibiotics.
3. Chicken & Eggs, because of the inhumane conditions, bacterial contamination in the coops and during slaughter, and the regular use of antibiotics.
4. Corn & Soy, because of the genetically modifications (GMO), and the herbicide & pesticide use.
5. Milk & Dairy, because of the growth hormones and antibiotics. Bonus, they have a longer "use by" date.
If your budget allows, please feel free to incorporate even more organic foods & products into your grocery cart... But if not, I hope my must have, top 5 organic food choices help you save money on your next shopping trip. One more tip: Don't forget to look for the sale!!!