So, it's been a few days since my last post. I've been taking the time to keep myself energized and healthy on these long 14hr work days in Philadelphia. As you know, I am a spokesperson for a major automotive brand, which can mean long days with thousands of people at an auto show... The question becomes how do I fight germs and stay well?
It really comes down to the healthy living principles of Self Soul Space, eat right, stay fit & relaxed, keep my environment clean... Here's how I do it!
1. Sleep, my body and I love to sleep... I need it to rest, relieve, and repair my body from the damage & stress throughout the day.
2. I stick to eating 4-6 meals filled with a lot of fruit, vegetables, and good grains during the day... Especially, vitamin C packed citrus fruits! Keeping my blood sugar stabilzed helps me to stay energized throughut the day. Oh yeah, I can't forget my daily cup of coffee!
3. I drink tons of water! More than I do at home. First because the convention centers & hotels are always so dry; secondly, it flushes out the toxins & germs in my body.
4. I wash my hands a lot & use an obscene amount of hand sanitizer, coming in contact with tens of thousands of people each day, can bring a lot of germs your way.
5. I meditate, as normal, with additional sessions during breaks, which help to keep me relaxed throughout my day!
6. I try to keep my normal exercise routine going, it's a good stress reliever and yoga helps me wind down from a long day.
7. I don't sweat the small stuff, and Always Remain Positive!
8. I keep my hotel room organized, my bathroom neat & tidy, and my work environment just as organized & tidy.
9. I keep an arsenal of vitamins, meds, band aids, Emergen-C, cough drops, etc. to help fight any possible germ break through!
10. Lastly, I try to have a good time in the city which I am visiting, with my friends & co-workers, even though I miss my family terribly.
I hope my tips help you get through any long day at work. You can do it, before you know it the day will be over, and you will be starting a new day healthy & refreshed! Have a wonderful day at work!
For more of my tips, check out "Staying Healthy on the Road/Vacation".