On Your Trip
At the hotel
- Request a fridge in your room
- Request a quiet room away from the elevator
- Remember your body still needs rest, try to stick close to your wake up/bed times
- Silicon ear plugs are awesome to block out noisy neighbors or crying baby
- Find closest grocery store (or Walgreens in a pinch) to stock up on more healthy snacks & water, and meal options if you're sick of eating out
- Locate the fitness center, and try to stick to your normal workouts while on the road, not a lot of time: squeeze in 30 min of cardio- Something is always better than nothing!
- Exercise bands are great staple in our suitcase; they don't take up any space, and you can use them almost anywhere
- Continue to take your vitamins
- Ask Concierge about local favorites & healthy food options
- Walk to discover the area & see the sights, take a walking tour of the city
- Enjoy it, even if your there for business
- Water... You must stay hydrated
- Want coffee or alcohol? remember to alternate with water
- Breakfast, keep it simple & don't over do it... Oatmeal, Eggs-turkey bacon-wheat toast, yogurt-granola, or egg white & veggie omelet
- Lunch, again keep it simple... Salad, grilled protein & veggies, broth based soup
- Dinner, be smart & realistic!
- If you kept it simple & healthy all day, splurge a little on some local favorites
- Skip the dessert, or at least share 1 with others
- Try to fill up on veggies or salad instead of bread & fried appetizers.
- Pack snacks & water to avoid hunger pains, and avoid the dreaded impulse food carts & snack trays
Overall, planning & organization can help provide you with a stress-free, healthy trip; be smart about what you eat; take your vitamins; rest; drink lots of water; and lastly, move and enjoy the area! I hope my tips help with your next business trip, vacation, or holiday visit!