- Prep & Pack (don't forget exercise clothes/sneakers, vitamins/medications, & healthy snacks), make a list, and check it twice!
- Print boarding passes & all confirmation paperwork ahead of time
- Organization = happiness & no stress
- Fill up your gas tank the night before, whether you're traveling to the airport or on a road trip
- Get a good night's sleep the night before your trip
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport or your destination, to help eliminate stress & to make for more enjoyable trip
- Smile and be friendly as you go through TSA (or tolls on the road)!
- Once through security (or on the road), scope out healthy food options.
- Water, H2O, agua, water... Is your friend, drink lots!
- Fresh fruit, veggies, salads, nut trail mixes, chewing gum, and protein bars are great snack choices
- Avoid fast foods, soda, alcohol, and those yummy sweet pastries
- Bring a book/magazines to read or some puzzles to solve... you've got to keep that mind healthy too!
- While on board/road, take walk breaks- walk the aisles or at the rest stop & stretch, keep that blood flowing
- While seated, rotate ankles; up-down, clockwise & counter clockwise, it helps to eliminate cramps. stiffness & blood clots
- Rest while on the plane or in the passenger seat of the car, noise cancelling headphones or relaxing music can help
- Use antibacterial gel, to help keep hands clean especially before snacking
- Drink water... Stay hydrated!