My Workout Buddies
- Every morning my kids say, "Mommy, when are we going to the Y today?" They even tell my husband, "Daddy you should go to the Y with Mommy, and workout." They are our harshest but most honest motivators. They are the biggest reason, I try to live a healthy lifestyle. I want to be here for them when they are adults, and I want them to be healthy too!
- Now, Michelle, Rebecca, Chrissy, Siouxzan, are a different story. These women share my same fitness and healthy living goals. We meet together for classes, for some cardio, or for a walk around Glasgow Park. We motivate and encourage each other. We are all mothers with the same life-stuff, so it makes it very easy for us to just gel, and hangout while we workout. Plus, I see these women every day, not at the gym but in the carpool line. If I miss a workout with them, I better have a good excuse.
- I consider the staff and members of the Bear-Glasgow YMCA apart of my workout buddies team, because it's nice to see the same faces every time I visit the gym. Our Y, has become a true community for us. The Staff knows us (me & the kids) by name (before our cards are scanned), members and staff encourage each other to achieve their fitness and health goals. They even have extra activities and lessons to encourage members of all ages to have fun and be healthy. It's our Home Gym, we love it!
- Lastly, I can't forget about my social media friends; Twitter followers & Facebook friends. When I see posts about working out, it motivates me, and I know my friends use my workouts for motivation too.
Why Should you have Workout Buddies?
- In order to find a workout buddy, you must find someone with similar health & fitness goals as you. Having some things in common helps too. If you are more of a loaner, find someone who enjoys the same solitude, and just plan to meet each other and workout separately. You are more likely not to back out on exercising, if you have someone waiting for you.
- Join a gym that meets your needs, and has members and staff working towards those same goals. Get to know the staff at the gym, they will hold you accountable too, with sayings like "How have you been? Haven't seen you in a while."
- A trainer can be a fantastic workout buddy, they will motivate you, help you see results, and you're paying them so you wont back out.
- Lastly, start communicating with friends on social media about your fitness goals & workouts, you'll be surprised at how your friends & followers will motivate you, and your might motivate someone else.
It's so easy to let life take over, and to make every excuse in the book as to why you can't exercise today... If this sounds familiar, then you need a workout buddy! I am grateful for all of my workout buddies, thank you for keeping me on track! With that, I have now motivated myself to go workout... Hotel gym, here I come!