Cold & Flu Prevention Tips:
- Wash your hands & use antibacterial hand gel often, plus keep hands away from eyes & nose
- Clean surfaces often, with disinfectant wipes & spray; including desk, counters, steering wheels, door handles, remote controls, computers, etc
- Stay hydrated, both body & space (water & humidifiers)
- Keep fresh air circulating, as much as possible
- Take vitamins, especially Vitamin C
- Get sleep, rest & relaxation help to repair the body
- Reduce stress, which can weaken the immune system
- Eat a well balanced diet, to boost immune system
- Wash pillows, blankets, and mattress cover often
- Stay active, but be sure to clean your gym equipment before & after workouts
- Reduce allergens; dust, vacuum, change air filters, don't give your body one more thing to fight
- If traveling, Airborne or Emergen-C are your prevention friends
- Bundle Up Outside, wear gloves, scarves, and hats... try to keep your body temp balanced
- D'reardon's tip: "Don't claim it"... Fight the thoughts of getting sick, keep thoughts positive and well, don't give in!
With D'reardon, my husband working out in the community, both daughters in preschool, and my travel-filled job, we are exposed to all kinds of germs everywhere, and all year round. We live and swear by these tips, especially during cold & flu season. Keep in mind, we also get flu shots, in October. Nothing is worse then a virus that travels through every member of your family, class, and/or staff. If you start to feel that tickle in your throat, "don't claim it", once you think you're getting sick the body follows with those pitiful feelings, mind over matter! Let's have a Healthy Self, Soul, and Space this cold & flu season!