My Yellow Cake Recipe
Makes 24 cupcakes, 2 8" or 9" round cake layers, 1 13x9x2 sheet cake
Time: 20 min prep, 20 min bake, 60+ min cool
3/4 c unsalted butter, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
2 1/2 c all purpose flour (organic)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 c sugar (organic cane sugar)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c milk (organic skim)
Food coloring (red & blue)-optional
- Preheat oven to 375. Allow butter & eggs to come to room temperature (about 30 min). If making a cake grease cake pans & lightly flour, or line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for about 30sec.
- Gradually, add in sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time, and continue beating until all is well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 egg at a time, while continuing to beat. Then beat in vanilla.
- Now beating on low, alternate adding flour mixture and milk, until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Separate batter into cake pans, or cupcake liners.
- Bake in oven: 20-25 min for 9" pans, 30-35 min 8" pans, 25-30 min for 13x9 pan, 20 min for cupcakes- half way through cupcake baking, I reduced temp to 350 for puffy cupcakes.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pans, then remove to wire racks and cool completely
- Frost with desired frosting. (We used cream cheese frosting, cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar)
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did making them!!!