That being said, this is what we did to celebrate earth day:
- We worked on the Thayer Family Garden; planted seeds in reused Chobani cups.
- We made flower vases out of recycled water bottles
- We had a power-free afternoon; no lights, no electronics (except to take pictures)
- We had a Meatless Dinner; pizza!
- We collected toys to donate to the Goodwill
- We conserved water; girls took a speed shower, instead of a long 'water wasting' bath
Those are just a few ideas, get creative. Celebrate Earth Day everyday, even on Wellness Wednesday!
*Stay tuned, to see how the Thayer Garden does this year... Fingers crossed... Let's hope my thumb turns green, unlike last year's.