Banana Blueberry Bread
Makes 2 loaves
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup banana pulp mashed (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup blueberry nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries, dusted in flour (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla extract, banana pulp, and Greek yogurt, mixing well after each ingredient.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Gradually add flour to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined on low speed.
- Fold in blueberries until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly into 2 well greased loaf pans and bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
If you and those around you can't eat 2 loaves, share one with a neighbor or loved one. Hope you enjoy this as much as our neighbors and my late cousin Arthea did!
Post a Comment